Welcome to the Town of Smithfield's Employment center. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Compliance Administrator (Public Works Department)
Position Closes: October 12, 2018
Starting Pay: $16.41 per hour
Under general supervision performs FOG (Fats, Oils, Grease) inspections and conducts compliance monitoring on all FSE’s (Food Service Establishments) as required by the Regional Sanitary Sewer Consent Order. Administers the Backflow Prevention Program, as well as the Septic Tank Pump-Out Program. Assists the Public Works department as needed.
- Conducts compliance monitoring and Food Service Establishment (FSE) inspections. Determines compliance with the FOG ordinance through on-site inspections and prepares inspection reports. Checks grease control device maintenance records. Conducts outreach and educational activities with users. Provides compliance assistance as appropriate.
- Identifies instances of non-compliance, prepares and issues Notices of Non-Compliance. Prepares Notices of Violations (NOV) for issuance by the Department of Public Works.
- Participates in show cause meetings as deemed necessary by the Town Manager and/or Town Attorney.
- Administers the Backflow Prevention Program. Performs inspections as outlined in Town’s Backflow Prevention Program.
- Administers the Town’s Septic Tank Pump-Out Program.
- Serves as back-up for the Public Works work order system.
- Serves as back-up for Public Works administration needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Drivers’ License.
- Must possess or obtain Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) Certification within one year of employment.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Certification of Completion of DPOR Cross Connection Control, Inspection, Maintenance and Testing Training.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must possess a customer service focused attitude.
- Must possess knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Tasks involve regular or sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling that generally involves lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
Tasks may risk exposure to traffic hazards, adverse weather conditions, dust, pollen, odors and loud noise.
The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.